Relax; we’ve got your business covered.
Running a business has enough surprises without being hit by unexpected losses. The last thing you need is for an accident or some other unintended and unforeseen hiccup to leave you seriously out of pocket.
We recognise that every business is different so with a tailored business policy that is flexible and easy to understand and quick to set up will provide cover for the following requirements.
Business Asset Insurance:
Business Assets is your base cover providing cover for key physical business assets such as buildings, tools, plant, machinery, contents and stock against unintended and unforeseen physical loss or damage.
Once you have business assets cover you can then choose to add cover for:
Business Interruption Insurance:
Business Interruption provides cover for financial loss when your business is interrupted or interfered with due to damage from the risks insured under Business Assets and other specified causes such as:
- Due to the closure of transport routes, ports or airports
- Resulting from damage at suppliers’ or customers’ premises
- Loss directly resulting from interruption or interference with the business due to action taken by a public authority in relation to murder, suicide or criminal injury occurring at the premises
- As the result of prevention of access within a 1 kilometre radius of the premises
- As a consequence of insured damage to public or private utilities which you may use
Business Liability Insurance:
Business Liability covers your business for general, employers and statutory liability. This provides cover for your business’s legal liability for damage to other people’s property or personal injury to others which was neither expected nor intended from your standpoint.
You can select the relevant type(s) of liability cover to suit your business requirements – general liability, employer’s liability and statutory liability.
Cover for all amounts which your business becomes legally liable to pay as a result of claims or legal proceedings, including legal defence costs
For your legal liability for damage to property that is rented by your business (tenant’s liability)
Should your business own properties that are rented out to others, you are covered for personal injury or property damage in connection with the rental properties (landlord’s liability)
Cover for your legal liability for certain property, goods, equipment and merchandise in your care, custody and control.
Tailored Commercial Vehicle:
Focusing exclusively on insuring commercial motor vehicles for Kiwi businesses.
If it’s specialised cover you’re after for your car, van, ute, truck, trailer, bobcat or forklift, then commercial vehicle Insurance should fit the bill. You can tailor the cover to suit your needs by choosing either comprehensive cover or third party cover.
You can save up to 20%* commercial vehicle insurance premiums when you also take out business assets and business interruption or liability cover.
The cover has the features you’d expect of any quality commercial vehicle insurance, plus you get to choose from a range of options, so you’re in charge of what you pay for.
Features of the tailored cover include:
- If you have not had any claims with your previous insurer for the last year, you will receive a No Claims Bonus
- Cover for accidental breakage of your windscreen, window glass or sunroof – and you won’t need to pay an excess or lose any no claims bonus you might have
- Cover for your employees vehicles if they are used in connection with your business, providing your employee has personal motor vehicle insurance
- If your vehicle is involved in an accident, cover allows for up to $5,000 for loss or damage to your property, carried in or on your vehicle at the time
- Cover for reasonable costs incurred (up to $5,000) in salvaging a load carried by your vehicle, spilled on to a road, carriageway or parking area when your vehicle suffers loss or damage that has been accepted by the policy
- The mechanical breakdown of hoists permanently attached to your vehicle may be covered for up to $5,000, provided it is not due to wear and tear
- If the sign-writing on your vehicle is lost or damaged, cover allows for up to $1,000 or the specified amount stated on your Certificate of Insurance
- Legal liability cover up to $2,000,000 for claims resulting from accidents involving your vehicle or any other vehicle you were driving with the vehicle owner’s permission
- If your vehicle is stolen or involved in an accident, cover allows up to $5,000 for accommodation and travel costs to complete your journey or return home
- You have the option to extend your policy to cover for the cost of hiring a substitute vehicle for up to 60 days, should your vehicle be stolen or accidentally damaged
- If your vehicle is not primarily used for driving on public or private roads, you can select optional cover for tyre damage, up to the value of $3,000
- Trailers, caravans and towed machinery can be covered under the policy
Third Party Cover
Features of the third party cover include:
- If you have not had any claims with us or your previous insurer for the last year, you will receive a No Claims Bonus and Legal liability cover up to $2,000,000